Book Club: The Conscious Closet, by: Elizabeth Cline
As we aim to live in a way that is considerate of our fellow brothers and sisters around the world + good stewards of our planet, we know we need to consider how we build our closets. This book is one of our favorite resources to help on the journey towards more aligned living + to help us grow as humans who wear their values.
We also happen to think growth with others is the way to go. It is in community that we are challenged, encouraged, reminded, and strengthened — especially when on a journey that is not the norm. So, we invite you to join us for our fall Book Club.
It’ll be simple. You order the book. Each week, we will read a section in the book and then, when we meet — we will discuss what we have learned and are growing in. This Book Club isn't just about what you know, but about what you are doing with that information in your everyday.
Like Perry Noble says, "Deep is not what you know, it's what you do." Let's go a little deeper this spring - not just in what we know about sustainability, say about fair trade, or post about eco-friendly - but in how we do life.
- Meeting day options: We have two; you choose one :) Wednesdays, 12-1pm in the shop AND Saturdays, from 11am-12pm in the shop.
- Begins: We will begin the week of September 18th (for the Wednesday club: September 20th, and for the Saturday club: September 23rd).
- End: The clubs will run for 8 weeks (ending the week of November 13th).
- Cost: All you need to buy is The Concsious Closet, by: Elizabeth Cline. If you want to buy if from us, here it is.
- Register: Purchase a free ticket here + we will email you more details.
- Group Facilitators: The made team.
- Contact: E-mail Holly at email@example.com with any questions.